Fun and informative Three Stooges articles
On Saturday, June 1st, legendary comedy troupe and masters of mirth The Three Stooges will join MeTV’s lineup of memorable entertainment television. Over 13 weeks, these specially selected and themed broadcasts will present full-length, unedited shorts without commercial interruption, packaged into an hour-long presentation that highlights the many “best of” moments from the beloved comedians. Airing Saturdays at 6pm ET/5pm CT, weekly themes include “Crème de la Curly,” “Just Say Moe,” “Shemp Cocktail,” and “Pie…I Oughta!”, featuring the classic combo of the Stooge trio – laidback Larry, hotheaded Moe, man-child Curly, along with dimwitted Shemp. (Complete schedule is below).
“In the pantheon of American comedy, the most memorable trio of them all are The Three Stooges,” said Neal Sabin, Vice Chairman of Weigel Broadcasting Co. “Moe, Larry, Curly, along with Shemp and others, brought laughter and joy to generations of fans with their world- famous short films, first in theaters and later on broadcast television. MeTV is the perfect home for the boys and their beloved brand of comedy. We look forward to reuniting Stooge fans with these classics, as well as introducing them to a new generation of viewers.”
The Three Stooges Schedule on MeTV
- Saturday, June 1 – “Crème de la Curly”- Featuring the best of Curly Shorts Include: Micro-Phonies, A-Plumbing We Will Go
- Saturday, June 8 – “Just Say Moe”- Featuring the best of Moe Shorts Include: Tassels in the Air, Idiots Deluxe
- Saturday, June 15 – “Shemp Cocktail”- Featuring the best of Shemp. Shorts include: Brideless Groom, Who Done It?
- Saturday, June 22 – “Hysterically Historical”- Featuring The Stooges’ mis-take on history Shorts Include: Uncivil Warriors, Knutzy Knights
- Saturday, June 29 – “The Upper Crass” – The boys invade high society Shorts Include: Hoi Polloi, Crash Goes the Hash
- Saturday, July 6 – “Sports Irritated” – The boys show their athletic side. Shorts include: Three Little Pigskins, Three Little Beers
- Saturday, July 13 – “International Idiots” – The Stooges’ adventures in foreign lands. Shorts include: Wee Wee Monsieur, We Want Our Mummy
- Saturday, July 20 – “Crazy for Curly” – A mashup of fan favorites starring Curly. Shorts include: I Can Hardly Wait, Loco Boy Makes Good
- Saturday, July 27 – “Pie…I Oughta!” – The Stooges’ most memorable pie fights. Shorts include: In the Sweet Pie and Pie, Three Sappy People
- Saturday, August 3 – “Musical Morons”- Featuring The Stooges’ musical moments. Shorts include: Woman Haters, Squareheads of the Round Table
- Saturday, August 10 – “Rope-A-Dopes” – The boys battle it out. Shorts include: Punch Drunks, Fright Night
- Saturday, August 17 – “Dr. Howard, Dr. Fine, Dr. Howard” – The Stooges’ most memorable medical mishaps.
Shorts include: Dizzy Doctors, Men in Black
- Saturday, August 24 – “Halfwits for Hire”- The Stooges destroy every job they touch. Shorts include: Pop Goes the Easel, Cookoo Cavaliers