Fun and informative Three Stooges articles
Following the tried and true rule of three when exercising, we give you The Three Stooges Workout.
The most important part of staying in shape is to laugh.
Did you know that the average adult laughs 17 times a day? 15 muscles get a work out every time you laugh. Your abs, facial, leg and back muscles all get a workout. We’ve all heard the saying, “Laughter is the best medicine.” It’s true. You may feel exhausted after a long bout of laughter – that’s because you’ve just had an aerobic workout!
Laughing increases the heart rate by 10 to 20 percent, and increases your metabolism, which means that the body goes on burning calories even when you’ve stopped laughing. Laughing for 15 minutes throughout the day can burn up to 40 calories.
As part of your giggle guide to staying fit, here are some top fitness tips from The Boys.
1. Get to the gym, dumbbell! Never underestimate an old-fashioned workout.
2. Hike! Being active in sports is always a good exercise plan.
3. Let’s Wrestle! Come out of the corner and fight to shed those extra pounds.
4. Say ahh! Don’t forget an annual check-up with your Doctor.
5. Fore! Relax and stay svelte while playing a round of golf.
6. Take The Stairs! Skip the elevator and walk where you’re going for maximum cardio benefit.
7. Stay hydrated! Be sure and drink plenty of water to prevent dehydration after all this exercise.
8. Looking Good! While proper hygiene is a no-brainer, looking good can give you a happier outlook and increased confidence.
9. Eat Right! A healthy diet of good food and laughter will help you live a longer happier life.
10. Don’t give up! You can do it! Power through!
Laugh it off! Giggle, chortle, guffaw until your sides are sore. The Three Stooges will always be there to help you move those mandibles.
Warning: Laughter may be contagious. Side effects may include a better attitude, a feeling of elation, a positive outlook on life, and being well-liked.