Production Number: 11
Release Date: November 28, 1935
Running Time: 16.5
When the Stooges learn their Brewery is having a golf tournament, they sneak off to a nearby course to get in some practice. Features famous Brewery “Panther Brewing Co.”
Cast & Crew
The short’s story was by Felix Adler and directed by Raymond McCarey who would also direct The Boys next short, Three Little Pigskins again collaborating with writer Felix Adler. As we mentioned, Phyllis Crane was also in Three Little Pigskins with another up-and-coming actress you may recognize by the name of Lucille Ball.
- Who says ‘how we gonna shoot golfs without guns’ in Three Little Beers? (A: Curly)
- In Three Little Beers Moe says ‘Grab a bag of bats, killer’ to whom? (A: Larry)
- He wore the V-neck sweater in Three Little Beers. (A: Larry)
- Press, Press, Pull
The Stooges enter a private place saying that they’re from the press. Each walk by the front desk with a little button saying “Press.” Curly, with his usual brainy self, says, “Pull.” Curly’s button usually has some part of it still attached, as it was ripped off of something in the men’s room.
- Several things hidden in shirt
Curly has several things hidden inside of his shirt. When Moe bops him on the head, however, all the things in his shirt fall out.
- The outdoor golf scenes were filmed at Rancho Park Golf Course located at 10460 West Pico Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90064. Still a functional municipal golf course.
- The famous ‘barrel chase’ scene was filmed at Scott Avenue and Echo Park Avenue in Los Angeles.
Get your golf supplies now on Shopknuckleheads.com. The official Three Stooges Store!